Giro d’Italia 2015: Nicola Boem achieved the greatest triumph of his career
The Giro d’Italia is a special race for the Italians, who always respond with delivery. Today, road Forli, we had a great example of what the Italians are able to do in the Giro, things like sneak away and end up reaching goal against all odds on a day that the sprinters had marked in red since the tour was presented.
This has been the script for today: the leak, everyone took for doomed, finished reaching goal, for various reasons. The leading group was formed by five riders from five different teams, but all Italians: Nicola Boem (Bardiani-CSF), Alessandro Malaguti (Nippo-Vini Fantini), Matteo Busato (Southeast) , Alan Marangoni (Cannondale-Garmin) and Oscar Gatto (Androni).
The latter, Gatto, remained dismissed by the final triumph due to a puncture. Thus, the victory played the remaining four, in a last kilometer fought as each sought greater personal glory. In this case the lucky was Nicola Boem, a Venetian cyclist 25 years, always professional for three in the Bardiani and has achieved the great victory of his career.
But it’s not all he has left us this transition. Another was stabbed Richie Porte (Sky) and Australia, despite the work of their peers, could not platoon and allowed 47 seconds at the finish. The favorite to take over the maglia rosa in the long time trial on Saturday is now more than a minute of Alberto Contador (Saxo-Tinkoff).
• Nicola Boem (Ita) 4:26:16 CSF Bardiani
• Matteo Busato (Ita) Southeast Pro Cycling
• Alessandro Malaguti (Ita) Nippo – Vini Fantini 0:00:02
• Alan Marangoni (Ita) Cannondale Pro Cycling Team Garmin-0:00:04
• Giacomo Nizzolo (Ita) 0:00:18 Trek Factory Racing
• Sacha Modolo (Ita) Lampre-Merida
• André Greipel (Ger) Lotto Soudal
• Luka Mezgec (Slo) Team Giant-Alpecin
• Nicola Ruffoni (Ita) CSF Bardiani
• Davide Appollonio (Ita) Androni Giocattoli.
• Alberto Contador (Spa) Saxo-Tinkoff 42:58:09
• Fabio Aru (Ita) 0:00:03 Team Astana
• Mikel Landa Meana (Spa) Team Astana 0:00:46
• Richie Porte (Aus) Team Sky 0:01:09
• Dario Cataldo (Ita) 0:01:16 Team Astana
• Roman Kreuziger (Cze) Tinkoff-Saxo 0:01:46
• Rigoberto Uran (Col) Etixx – Quick-Step 0:02:10
• Giovanni Visconti (Ita) 0:02:12 Team Movistar
• Damiano Caruso (Ita) 0:02:20 BMC Racing Team
• Andrey Amador (CRC) 0:02:24 Team Movistar
The eleventh stage of the Giro 2015, which takes place this Wednesday, May 20, is a curious stage which starts and ends Forli, 153 kilometers later, at the Autodromo Enzo and Dino Ferrari in Imola, San Marino. Curious stage with a profile full of ports , of which only two scoring, and with a final circuit which is given four laps, with the rise to Tre Monti as much difficulty.