Giro d’Italia 2015: The Russian Ilnur Zakarin wins in Imola
After seeing he wins with great authority on the Tour de Romandie, all expected great things from Ilnur Zakarin (Katusha) in the Giro d’Italia 2015. In the end, the Russian had been unnoticed until today in which, for that that the stage ended in a race, you can create all kinds of automotive analogies to compare your pedaling.
Stage lasts as today, with rain, a lot of up and down and a lot of speed by the platoon, who has covered the journey more than half of the best mode contemplated kilometers. Although this second week was expected quiet for some things and for others it is not being, and if not, asks them to Rigoberto Uran (Etixx – Quick Step) and Richie Porte (Sky).
Colombia fell today, and although he rejoined the peloton without a hair cut to make trascoche, exemplifies the cross leading the race. The Australian yesterday punctured and lost almost a minute, but the worst came later, when the judges penalized him two penalty minutes. All because Simon Clarke (Orica GreenEDGE) made the gesture of giving his countryman his wheel, which among cyclists of different teams can not do.
And returning to the stage today and Zakarin, the day’s break and had the Russian people benat intxausti level (Movistar), Carlos Betancur (AG2R), Steven Kruijswijk (NL Jumbo Lotto) and Ryder Hesjedal (Cannondale – Garmin). But when the Russian pulled 23 kilometers lost sight of him. A locomotive rhythm, they came to putting a minute and hardly celebrated the victory that did not stop peladear to almost cross the finish line.
• Ilnur Zakarin (Rus) Team Katusha 3:55:08
• Carlos Betancur (Col) AG2R La Mondiale 0:00:53
• Franco Pellizotti (Ita) Androni Giocattoli
• Benat Intxausti (Spa) Movistar Team
• Diego Rosa (Ita) Team Astana
• Steven Kruijswijk (Ned) Team LottoNL-Jumbo
• Ryder Hesjedal (Can) Garmin-Cannondale Pro Cycling Team
• Maciej Paterski (Pol) CCC Polkowice Sprandi 0:00:58
• Philippe Gilbert (Bel) BMC Racing Team
• Juan Jose Lobato (Spa) Movistar Team 0:01:02
• Alberto Contador (Spa) Saxo-Tinkoff 46:54:19
• Fabio Aru (Ita) 0:00:03 Team Astana
• Mikel Landa Meana (Spa) Team Astana 0:00:46
• Dario Cataldo (Ita) 0:01:16 Team Astana
• Roman Kreuziger (Cze) Tinkoff-Saxo 0:01:46
• Rigoberto Uran (Col) Etixx – Quick-Step 0:02:10
• Giovanni Visconti (Ita) 0:02:12 Team Movistar
• Damiano Caruso (Ita) 0:02:20 BMC Racing Team
• Andrey Amador (CRC) 0:02:24 Team Movistar
• Leopold Konig (Cze) Team Sky 0:02:30
For Thursday May 20, in which it is held the twelfth stage, neither would expect a quiet day. The platoon cover from Imola to Vincenza 190 kilometers, highlighting the rise to Crosara, short but hard port to less than 30 kilometers from the finish, and the end verily, a wall known as Monte Berico and that leaves us a final as open.