Tour of Britain 2015: Boasson – Hagen wins for the second time this race
Coinciding with the last week of the 2015 Tour of Spain has been celebrating this year’s Tour of Britain 2015. The race, as such, had been held since 2004 and until then no one had repeated the triumph in the general classification, until this year because the Norwegian Edvald Boasson – Hagen (MTN – Qhubeka) knew what wins this race is such and as it did in 2009.
The race started with Spanish ownership, because the third stage Juanjo Lobato (Movistar) was done with the leader’s jersey. The Trebujena had failed to Elia Viviani (Sky), winner in the first and third day, and Petr Vakoc (Etixx – Quick Step), winner in the second stage, but bonuses could put the yellow jersey of leader this race.
Lobato continued as leader the next day, which ended with victory for the Colombian Fernando Gaviria (Etixx – Quick Step), and you gave it in the fifth stage Boasson – Hagen , which came into goal behind Wouter Pouls (Sky) . The Norwegian would be the second the following day, after Matteo Trentin (Etixx – Quick Step), thereby strengthening its leadership in the face of the last two days.
These last two stages were flat profile and decided to sprint, with victories for Andre Greipel (Lotto) and Elia Viviani again curiously German disqualification. The only notable change was that these stages left Owain Doull (Team Wiggins) for a second snatched third place to Rasmus Guldhammer (Cult Energy), slipping on the podium with Poels and Boasson – Hagen.
Overall final standings:
• Edvald Boasson Hagen (Nor) MTN – Qhubeka 34:52:52
• Wouter Poels (Ned) Team Sky 0:00:13
• Owain Doull (GBR) 0:00:42 Team WIGGINS
• Guldhammer Rasmus Pedersen (Den) Cult Energy Pro Cycling 0:00:43
• Zdenek _tybar (Cze) Etixx – Quick Step 0:00:51
• Rubén Fernández (Spa) Movistar Team
• Steven Kruijswijk (Ned) Blanco Pro Cycling Team
• Dylan van Baarle (Ned) Team Cannondale – Garmin 0:00:53
• Chris Anker Sorensen (Den) Tinkoff – Saxo 0:00:59
• Xandro Meurisse (Bel) An Post – Chainreaction 0:01:02