Tour of Utah 2015: Joe Dombrowski is presented to the international squad
The absence of Tom Danielson, winner in the last two editions, due to its positive for testosterone opened the range of favorites to win the Tour of Utah 2015. In the end, the witness has taken the same man who took the baton in the leadership of the Cannondale team – Garmin, fellow American Joe Dombrowski (Cannondale – Garmin).
Cyclist 24 years with very good climber ways, his role at first was to help Danielson to his third consecutive victory. But in his absence, he has managed to take the leadership role very naturally, which has earned for his first notable success at international level, although still within the US racing circuit.
The overall victory of Dombrowski was cemented in the sixth stage, which took the win and clinched the top spot in the overall standings. As most notorious rivals, the US had to Frank Schleck (Trek) and forty Chris Horner (Airgas – Safeway), which still want to fly, but in the end neither of them even took the podium. Dombrowski who were escorted to the Canadian Michael Wood (Optum) and American Brent Bookwalter (BMC).
Overall final standings:
• Joseph Lloyd Dombrowski (USA) Cannondale Pro Cycling Team Garmin-28:06:48
• Michael Woods (Can) Optum p / b Kelly Benefit Strategies 0:00:50
• Brent Bookwalter (USA) BMC Racing Team 0:01:05
• Frank Schleck (Lux) Trek Factory Racing 0:01:07
• Christopher Horner (USA) Airgas-Safeway Cycling Team 0:01:09
• Lachlan Norris (Aus) Drapac Professional Cycling 0:01:12
• Natnael Berhane (Eri) MTN – Qhubeka 0:01:22
• Daniel Martinez (Col) Colombia 0:01:41
• Robbie Squire (USA) 0:01:46 Hincapie Racing Team
• Lachlan Morton (Aus) Jelly Belly p / b Maxxis 0:01:50